Sunday, June 11, 2017

Learning to Swim at Abiquiu Lake

Today, I finally learned how to swim! Many were skeptical about my ability to swim, being the short, stocky bulldog that I am, but today I proved them all wrong and swam at Abiquiu Lake!


My proof!

Abiquiu Lake is nestled in the Chama river valley of Northern New Mexico. The lake is one of the largest lakes in New Mexico and is formed by the Abiquiu Dam to protect the valley from flooding, as well as for irrigation control, water storage, and hydroelectric generation. The lake is a true gem in the desert landscape.


The Chama River Valley.




 The famous Cerro Pedernal, Spanish for Flint Hill, sets a beautiful backdrop for the lake. 

The lake was a bit murky from the wind stirring up the water and causing waves, but I had a blast chasing the waves along the shore. I, then, braved my way into the water, with the help of my humans, and swam by myself for the very first time!



Here's my star video!


After cooling off in the lake and after plenty of playtime in the water, we had a picnic lunch along the shore, enjoying the slight breeze and the warm sunshine. We explored the surrounding hills and relaxed to the gentle sound of the lake's waves rushing against the shore. 





Sporting my new Chaco collar!


What an adventurous day!

-Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment