Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Weekend in Taos

For Memorial Weekend, we headed up to Taos where our human mama grew up! I love going to Taos! So many wonderful and beautiful places for adventures. Plus, we get to play with our Uncle Leo - a golden retriever - and little Ruby - a Jack Russell Chihuahua.

For our first exploration, we heading to La Vista Verde trail in the Taos Gorge. It's like our own mini Grand Canyon here in Northern New Mexico. Plus, with all the spring rains, it was green and lush by New Mexico's standards. We hiked down the gorge canyon to the Rio Grande, which carved this beautiful crevice in the earth.




Big sis and Leo took off for their first drink and dip in the river as soon as they could. It was too steep for me, so I just hung out with my human dad for a fantastic backpack ride. 



Roxie scouting for lizards.



Roxie reigning over her kingdom. 



We finally made it down to the river for a swim! The current was too swift for me, but both Roxie and Leo went swimming chasing after sticks. It was a blast!







Here are our human parents!


By the time we got back home, I was pooped. Nothing like a glorious nap on the patio soaking up the sun's rays. Now, this is my kind of weekend getaway! Snores...

-Rosie


No comments:

Post a Comment