Saturday, May 21, 2016

Mini Road Trip to Abiquiu Lake

It's officially summertime in New Mexico, and time to begin our summer adventures! We started out with a mini road trip to Abiquiu Lake. Now, I'm not the biggest fan of the car - yikes! - but here's a super adorable pic of my lil sis hanging out in the car, ready for the road trip!


Now swimming is my second favorite sport - after hiking, of course! I was made for the water, and Abiquiu Lake is one of the most stunning places to go swimming in New Mexico. It's truly a hidden gem. We headed out early in the morning, and were the first to arrive. It was so nice having the beach to ourselves!


Here's our first view of the lake with Cerro Pedernal in the background.




This is my lit sis's first time to the lake. She can't swim, being the bulky bulldog that she is, so we took it easy. I slowly eased her into a shallow kiddy pool to get used to the water. 



She getting the hang of it!


Just look at her slobber ring! Classic. 


While lil sis napped on the beach, my human dad and I took off for a good swim! It felt so good to stretch my long legs and swim around. The water was crisp and cool with lots of little fishes to chase. 



After, we dried off and warmed up in the sun, enjoying the beautiful scenery of Abiquiu Lake. 


Oh, Abiquiu Lake, how I love you!


-Roxie


No comments:

Post a Comment